We are proud to release the final DownThemAll! 1.0.
Over a year went by since we last released a major version, and a lot has changed in between:
- Nils joined the team.
- A lot of effort was taken to consolidate the code and make it more stable, even if this meant a rewrite/redesign of large chunks of it.
- We tried to increase performance where possible and worked towards supporting larger chunks.
- The user interface got a visual refresh.
- Some new features got implemented as well.
- And a lot of testers helped us find and fix lots bugs. Thank you!
- A lot of people from BabelZilla located all alround the world again translated DownThemAll!. Thank you!
Enough words for now… Here is the release. Enjoy 😀
The download link will redirect you to addons.mozilla.org.
DownThemAll! 1.0 is compatible with
22.214.171.124 – 3.0b4
126.96.36.199 – 3.0b4
1.0 – 1.0.*
2.0a – 2.0.* (limited support for the development versions, limited functionality)
0.4 – 0.5pre (currently in development, limited support)
- Upgrades from 0.9: Remaining downloads in queue will not be migrated; finish these downloads prior to installing this release.
- Support for Seamonkey 2.0 is limited; we’re waiting for it to completely move to siterunner/xulrunner.
- The bleeding edge applications (such as Seamonkey, Minefield, Songbird) are not thoroughly tested by us
- Upgrades from 0.9: Most preferences will be migrated; but please verify everything was migrated correctly.
This list of changes is not complete. Please refer to our more detailed ChangeLog
- New features
- Basic metalink support incl. download selection and whole file verification
- Deleting downloaded files from context menu
- Save As window got folder-picker (OneClick)
- Filter for “Software”
- Various “helpers” in the context menus
- Selection window allows to open selected link(s) in new tab(s)
- Query String (*qstring*) renaming mask
- Checksum support (md5, sha1, sha256, …)
- Link Fingerprint support
- Bugfixes/Major Changes
- Major rewrite/refinement of most functionality and the back end
- Most windows rewritten
- Batch descriptors refined (new syntax)
- Firefox (context-menu) integration refined
- Improved privacy control (now considers old files, logs and queue as well)
- Various performance optimizations
- Most preferences and custom filters will be “migrated” properly when upgraded
- Download core rewritten
- More sophisticated multi-part algorithms
- Improved error handling/failed chunks
- Improved error handling mirror fail over (mirrors currently only supported by metalink)
- Using only one temp file that will reflect the name
…for trying your brand new release.
Please, as always, file any bugs with our bug tracker.
And if you like this piece of software then please consider making a donation.
Your DownThemAll! developers