This is an old beta release. A stable version was released in the meantime and should be used!
We are proud to release the second beta version of DownThemAll! 1.0.
This beta features a real lot of bug fixes and redesigns, concerning both the user interface as well as the algorithms and technology.
A beta version is an (almost) feature complete test version that is still in development. There might be bugs, so don’t be surprised if you encounter some issues.
We developers depend on the feedback provided by our testers, so that we can sweep out remaining issues and finally release a stable version.
If you’re not an experienced computer user, and if you don’t want to manage problems you may encounter when using such a test version, then please don’t install this beta!
If you find real bugs or other issues, then please don’t hesitate to file a bug.
Either install the XPI directly (this requires that you add this site to your allow list for software installation)
or right click and Save link as:
Make sure you read the important warning above first, and go through the Changes and Limitations listing prior to install!
DownThemAll! 1.0b2 is compatible with
2.0 – 3.0
2.0 – 3.0
2.0 – 3.0 (limited support for the development versions, limited functionality)
0.8 – 1.0 (currently in beta, limited support)
This list of changes is not complete. Please refer to our more detailed ChangeLog
- New features
- Basic metalink support incl. download selection and whole file verification
- Deleting downloaded files from context menu
- Save As window got folder-picker (OneClick)
- Filter “Software”
- Various “helpers” in the context menus
- Selection window allows to open selected link(s) in new tab(s)
- Query String (qstring) renaming mask
- Checksum support (md5, sha1, sha256)
- Link Fingerprint support (see item above)
- Bugfixes/Major Changes
- Major rewrite/refinement of most functionality and the back end
- Most windows rewritten
- Batch descriptors refined (new syntax)
- Firefox (context-menu) integration refined
- Improved privacy control (now considers old files, logs and queue as well)
- Various performance optimizations
- Most preferences and custom filters will be “migrated” properly when upgraded
- Download core rewritten
- More sophisticated multi-part algorithms
- Improved error handling/failed chunks
- Improved error handling mirror fail over (mirrors currently only supported by metalink)
- Using only one temp file that will reflect the name
- Remaining downloads in queue will not migrated; finish these downloads prior to installing this beta.
- The UI isn’t fully complete yet .
- There aren’t any localizations yet, hence dTa! 1.0b2 is only available in English (US)
- Support for Seamonkey 2.0 is limited; we’re waiting for it to completely move to siterunner/xulrunner.
- The bleeding edge browser versions (such as Seamonkey, Minefield, Flock 0.9) are not thoroughly tested by us
- Most preferences will be migrated; but please recheck
- Our bugtracker keeps track of other open issues and tasks: 1.0 bugs
… in advance for testing the beta version and helping DownThemAll! 1.0 to become a successful and stable release
Your DownThemAll! developers